The 30 to 45 minute initial interview, one of the most important aspects of the employment process, is an opportunity for you to learn more about Caroline County and for us to assess your educational background, experience, and aptitude for teaching.
Questions You May Be Asked:
- Why did you choose teaching as a profession?
- What is your philosophy of teaching?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- How would you characterize your teaching style?
- How would you handle a hypothetical situation concerning classroom organization or a particular teaching challenge?
- What ability level of students do you enjoy teaching?
- How would you meet the needs of an exceptional student mainstreamed into your classroom?
- Describe a successful and an unsuccessful lesson and explain the reasons for the success and lack?
- Discuss some basic rules of classroom management and how you might forestall disciplinary problems?
- How will you communicate with parents?